Followers

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Feeling of Let Down....

In my earlier post I stated that I've been planning Jill's baby shower for almost 2 months now.  We had it last weekend.  I worked my butt off on it.  I know Jill was thrilled to have so many nice things given to her for baby Hannah BUT at the same time, I also know she was let down.  I know I was.  Jill is a great friend to so many.  She will bend over backwards to help someone out.  If she commits to something, she will be there.  So many of her "friends" were not there.  It was sad!  She will scratch their back when they ask but they will not return the favor.  RUDE!

Plus, I was being talked about.  Yes, I caught people talking about me behind my back.  Why they were doing this, I have no idea but it happened.  People who I thought would attend the shower didn't and then to top things off some of the guest were rushed.  The shower was from 2-4 but at 3 o'clock food began being put away.  Then at 3:15 more guests begin arriving.  No cupcakes were to be found, no cookies, no drinks.  I felt awful.  So awful for one older lady, that I gave her my cupcake that I had set aside.  All this happened because others had places to be.  Like always.  I spent lots of money on this shower, I only asked that the hostess help pay for the cookies and cupcakes.  I didn't get paid by all of them.  Some that signed up to bring things, didn't, so I had to run to the store to purchase these things.  Never again will I be the main planner for a shower.  Its just too much stress and I do not like being let down by those who I trust.  Not to mention that I do appreciate being talked about behind my back.  To sum this post up: I AM GLAD ITS OVER.  Now, if only I could cheer up.  Hubby is gone for 5 days, its too quite at my house.  Glad for a great sister who is coming over tonight!  Girls Night, plus one boy named Coy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment